This policy (together with the Terms and Conditions) sets out the grounds on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us is processed by SupplySmart. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it is treated. By continuing to access the SupplySmart website, you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
Information We Collect and Use
SupplySmart collects information about you from a variety of sources, such as website visits, applications, identification documents, your preferences, personal financial statements, interactions with our customer care centre and other third parties (i.e. credit bureaus, payment gateway) or other financial institutions and other written or electronic communication reflecting information such as your name, address, identification details/numbers, telephone number, occupation, income, assets and any other information deemed necessary.
SupplySmart may use your transactional account history such as payment records, debit/credit card usage. We may also receive information from third parties such as family or friends, solicitors, employees, website/social media pages made public by you, government agencies, regulators, supervisory or credit agencies.
We may also collect other information such as telephone conversations when you call any of our customer care lines or send an email.
Non-Personal Information Collected by SupplySmart
To achieve our objective of providing you with the best information service on our website, SupplySmart may collect certain information when you access the website to perform certain tasks such as grant you access to some parts of our website or conduct research on your behaviour on the website in order to improve our services. SupplySmart will not disclose your information to any person outside the organization except as described in this policy.
Cookies are small text files stored on the browser directories of your device (computer or mobile phone) whenever you visit a website. Cookies are used among other things to identify users, retain your preferences to tailor your experience while accessing the website, and analysis of website traffic.
Use of your Personal Information
The collection and use of your personal information by SupplySmart are guided by certain principles. These principles state that personal information should:
- Be processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner.
- Be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and not be processed in any manner incompatible with such purposes.
- Be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary to fulfil the purpose of processing such information.
- Not be kept for longer than necessary for the purpose of processing the information.
- Be accurate and where necessary, up to date. In the event that the information is inaccurate, take steps to rectify or erase such data.
- Be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights.
- Be kept safe from unauthorised processing, accidental loss, damage or destruction using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Any information (personal or financial) provided by you to SupplySmart will be used with your consent or in the following instances:
- Cases where processing of personal data is required for the fulfilment of a contractual obligation;
- Cases where processing of personal data is required for compliance with legal or regulatory requirements;
- Cases where processing of personal data is required to protect your vital interest or that of any other natural person;
- Cases where processing is required for an activity to be carried out in significant public interest.
- Cases where processing is required for legitimate interests of SupplySmart or a third party as long as this does not conflict with the requirements for protection of your personal data.
Your personal information is used for:
- Updating and enhancing SupplySmart records.
- Establishing your identity and assessing applications for third party products and services.
- Providing relevant information on the pricing of third-party products and services.
- Managing SupplySmart’s relationship with you.
- Managing risk.
Identifying and investigating illegal activity such as fraud.
- Contacting you with relevant information you may need about a third party.
- Conducting and improving our business and improving your experience with us.
- Reviewing your loan/credit eligibility.
- Preventing money laundering or terrorism financing activities.
- Complying with legal obligations that may be required of us and assisting government and law enforcement agencies or regulators/supervisors.
- Identifying and informing you about other products and services that we think may be of interest or benefit to you.
SupplySmart may use automated systems and software to assist in arriving at a decision about you based on the information you provided. Such decisions include but is not limited to, credit rating decisions, carrying out security, fraud or money laundering checks, or processing your data when application is made for a credit facility. This automated processing is conducted under lawful basis and you may contact us to request for the automation process to be reviewed by a person if you find any inaccuracies in your personal data so long as that inaccurate data was not provided by you; in which case, you may request that the inaccurate data be corrected by providing the accurate data and any documents to prove their accuracy.
Information We Share
The information which you provide to SupplySmart may be shared, to the extent permitted by law, with lenders/credit agencies, banks/financial institutions, SupplySmart’s strategic partners/service providers for the purpose of improving and providing our services and relevant products to you. Your personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes, regulators or government agencies, courts unless it becomes necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities for SupplySmart to disclose your personal information. Information about you may also be disclosed if we determine that for the purpose of national security, law enforcement or other issues of public importance, disclosure is required, necessary or appropriate.
SupplySmart may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions, or to protect our operations or users. Furthermore, in the unforeseen/unlikely event of a reorganisation, merger or sale, SupplySmart may transfer any and all personal info collected to the relevant third party.
Information about SupplySmart customers and their use of the website is not shared with third parties for their marketing purpose. We do not disclose any information about any of our user’s use of our website except in specific cases, and we do not share information with any unaffiliated third party for marketing purpose unless you expressly give us permission to do so.
How We Protect Your Information
SupplySmart takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent loss, unauthorised access, misuse, modification or disclosure of information under our control. These measures may include the use of encryption, access controls and other forms of security to ensure that your data is protected. All parties, including our staff and third parties processing data on your behalf, are required to comply with relevant policies and guidelines to ensure confidentiality and that information is protected in use, when stored and during transmission. Our security controls and processes are also regularly updated to meet and exceed industry standards. Where passwords are provided by us (or one chosen by you) which grants you access to particular areas on the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. It is important that you do not share your password or any other authentication details with anyone.
Where We Store Your Information
How Long We Store Your Information
Your data is retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. Your data storage is also determined by legal, regulatory, administrative or operational requirements. Only information that allows us comply with legal and regulatory requests for certain data, meet business requirements, respond too complaints and queries or address disputes or claims is retained by us. Data which is not retained is securely destroyed once it is identified as no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
- The right to access your personal information held by SupplySmart. This right of access can be exercised by sending an email to …
- The right to rectify, amend or correct inaccurate or incomplete information.
- The right to withdraw consent for processing in instances where consent was previously given.
- The right to restrict or object to processing your personal data. SupplySmart might continue to process your data if there are valid legal or operational reasons.
- The right to request that your data be made available to you in a common electronic format and/or request for the transfer of such data to one of the lenders/third party with whom SupplySmart has an agreement.
- The right to request that your information be erased. SupplySmart might continue to retain such data if there are valid legal, regulatory or operational reasons to do so.
Maintaining Accurate Information
SupplySmart website, products, applications and services may contain links to third party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, will be governed by their privacy practices and SupplySmart will not be liable for any breach of confidentiality or privacy of your information on such sites. You are encouraged to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Social Media Platforms
Keeping Your Information Updated
Keeping your information with SupplySmart current, accurate and complete is very important. If you discover that the information you provided is inaccurate or outdated, promptly notify us via this email … and provide the required documentary evidence to enable us carry out the necessary updates or changes.
SupplySmart may contact you with information about products or services that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such promotional materials from us, you may opt out at any time by sending an email to …